How to Setup a Facebook API and Identity for Stitchz
Stitchz allows a Facebook Page Manager to share and manage posts on their Page. This means that in order to share on Facebook via Stitchz you must request a developer API key/secret and the appropriate permissions (scope). Follow the steps below to request an API key/secret and submit for review.
- Login Facebook with the account you plan to share posts.
- Go to the developers portal, click "My Apps", then click Create App. You'll be asked "What do you want your app to do?", select "Other" at the bottom, then click Next.
On the next screen, select "Business" as the app type and then click Next.
Enter your application name, contact email address, and select your Business Account. If you don’t have a business account yet, you can create one at a later step.
- Add the Facebook Login product to your new app by clicking on Set Up. Walk through the guided setup and answer all questions.
Facebook Login Set Up - Figure 4
App platform - Figure 5
- On the Web settings page, add the Stitchz.net domain to your App Domains, then click Save, then click Continue. (Figure 6)
Web settings - Figure 6
- Add the Stitchz OAuth2 Redirect URL (Figure 7) - https://api.stitchz.net/oauth2/authenticated
Valid OAuth Redirect URL - Figure 7
- Go to Settings > Basic and add the Stitchz.net domain to your App Domains (Figure 8).
App Domains - Figure 8
- Go to App Review > Permissions and Features (Figure 9). Scroll through the list of available permissions and select Request Advanced Access on the following permissions:
- Page Public Metadata Access
Advanced Permissions - Figure 9
- Go to App Review > Requests and submit app for review (Figure 10).
Request for App Review - Figure 10
- The App approval process can take up to 5 business days to complete. Make sure to work closely with the Facebook review team to complete the review as quickly as possible.
- After your app has been approved, copy the new Facebook App ID and App Secret from your Facebook App Dashboard into your Stitchz application.
- Add the Facebook Login for Business product to your new app by clicking on "Add Product". Then select "Set up" on the Facebook Login for Business tile.
- Add the Stitchz OAuth2 Redirect URL (Figure 6) - https://api.stitchz.net/oauth2/authenticated
- Go to App Settings > Basic and add Stitchz.net domain to your App Domains (Figure 4).
Basic App Settings - Figure 4
- Under Facebook Login for Business, go to "Configurations".
- Click "Create Configuration" (Figure 5).
Configuration creation workflow - Figure 5
- Enter a name of your configuration (Figure 6).
Configuration Name - Figure 6
- Select the type of access token required for your application. Currently, Stitchz.net supports User Access Tokens (UATs). UATs are associated with your app user’s personal account and is a short-lived token for online activities (Figure 7).
Choose Access Token - Figure 7
- Finally, choose the proper permissions. The following 7 minimum permissions are required:
Access Token Permissions - Figure 8
- Click "Create"
- Copy the "Configuration ID" displayed for use later.
- The final configuration should look similar to the below screenshot (Figure 9).
Facebook Configuration Settings - Figure 9
- Go to Apps > Settings, then click the shield in the Identity Providers section to add a new provider (Figure 11). In the form that appears, select Facebook and paste your App Id and App Secret, followed by ticking the appropriate scopes/permissions in the Provider Scope section, then click Save.
Setup Facebook Provider in Stitchz.net - Figure 11
- In your Stitchz.net account, from the application Settings page, click the social group name. Then, click the green Add Identity button to add your Facebook Identity (the account responsible for managing the Page). On the modal window click Facebook to begin the process to add your Facebook Identity to Stitchz (Figure 12).
Stitchz Add Identity - Figure 12
- Follow the prompts on Facebook’s site to complete the request (Figure 13-15).
Facebook Account Connectivity - Figure 13
Facebook Page Selection - Figure 14
Facebook Confirmation - Figure 15
- After the Identity has been added, click the Identity's Pages button to load the list of available pages the Identity has management access to. Click Add Identity to add the Page. (Figure 16)
- Setup is complete, you can begin sharing posts on the Facebook Page from Stitchz.