How to Setup a Pinterest API and Identity for Stitchz
With Stitchz, sharing posts on Pinterest is easy. However, in order to share on Pinterest you must request a developer API key/secret. Follow the steps below to request an API key/secret and submit for review.
- Login to Pinterest's developer portal with the account you plan to share posts with.
- Click the "Start building" button to begin the new app request process (Figure 1).
- Read and accept the Pinterest Developer and API Terms of Service agreement (Figure 2).
- Complete the new app form with your information (Figure 3).
- Copy the new Pinterest App's Consumer key and Consumer secret from the Dashboard into your Stitchz application. In Stitchz, go to Apps > Settings, then click the shield in the Identity Providers section to add a new provider. In the form that appears, select Pinterest and paste in your Consumer key and Consumer secret, then click Save (Figure 4).
- From the application Settings page, click the social group name. Next, click the green Add Identity button to add your Pinterest Identity. On the modal window click Pinterest to begin the process to add your Pinterest Identity to Stitchz (Figure 5).
- Follow the prompts on Pinterest's site to complete the request (Figure 6).
- Setup is complete, you can begin sharing posts on the Pinterest from Stitchz.