How to Setup a Tumblr API and Identity for Stitchz
With Stitchz, sharing posts on Tumblr is easy. However, in order to share on Tumblr you must request a developer API key/secret. Follow the steps below to request an API key/secret and submit for review.
- Login to Tumblr's developer portal with the account you plan to share posts with.
- Click the "Register application" button to begin the request process (Figure 1).
- Fill out the registration form with your information (Figure 2). Enter the Stitchz OAuth1a URL in the "Default callback URL" field, https://api.stitchz.net/oauth1a/authenticated.
- Copy the new Tumblr App's Consumer key and Consumer secret from the Dashboard into your Stitchz application. In Stitchz, go to Apps > Settings, then click the shield in the Identity Providers section to add a new provider. In the form that appears, select Tumblr and paste in your Consumer key and Consumer secret, then click Save (Figure 4).
- From the application Settings page, click the social group name. Next, click the green Add Identity button to add your Tumblr Identity. On the modal window click Tumblr to begin the process to add your Tumblr Identity to Stitchz (Figure 5).
- Follow the prompts on Tumblr's site to complete the request (Figure 5).
- Setup is complete, you can begin sharing posts on the Tumblr from Stitchz.